Saturday, January 28, 2012

Off to a good start

First off, Australia is AWESOME. The people are so nice here! The accents are nice and I'm starting to catch on to some of their slang. The Australians love our accents and can always tell right away that we are American.

We have done a little bit of exploring around campus and spent most of our time at the mall about 10 minutes away walking distance (see photos for the route we take across a lake). Honestly, I don't know why America doesn't have any malls like this one. It's literally the best mall I've ever been to! There are about 5 grocery stores throughout the mall and heaps and heaps (that's what they say here!) of random but useful stores. It's 3 levels and the food court is fantastic. Most things are more expensive here, like the mascara below, but I've been able to score on a few cheap deals. There is a picture below of TimTams that I found at Woodworths (or Woolys, as they call it here). TimTams are the most delicious cookie/snack I think I've ever had. Y'all are missin out! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment